When you’re travelling to India, you’re bound to have a chaotic start at times because a country as richly alien as India might intimidate you. However, when you arrive in Delhi, there are still places, which will cater to your needs while providing you all the luxury options.
One of these solutions are the people who’ve opened their homes to travellers and created some unique boutique hotels to give you the perfect place to relax and prepare yourself for the days to come in your India trip. These places boast of owners that are ready to help you out, irrespective of your requirement, and they also give you a pleasant introduction to the unique culture of this country with the luxury touch that’s similar to Five star hotels.
So, here’s the list of top five boutique hotels in Delhi that you can choose from on your arrival in India:
• Amarya Haveli: The eclectic nature of Hauz Khas suburb is one of Delhi’s high points, and this is beautiful encrusted in the French-owned boutique guesthouse, Amarya Haveli. One of the prime tranquil havens in Delhi, Amarya Haveli finds itself decorated with the wonderful colors of Indians textiles and the highly creative embellishments. The guest house has six spacious rooms, with bathrooms lined in grey marble. It has a communal lobby or the dining room, featuring Rajasthani style furniture, and vintage bollywood posters. There’s also a wicker-furnished terrace, with hanging lanterns lighting up the evenings in shades of vivid colors. Another advantage of choosing Amarya Haveli is that it’s situated in a wealthy suburb, and its laid back lifestyle. There are also some good restaurants, and an interesting market nearby.
The rooms are priced at 7500 Rs
• Shanti Home: Shanti home is a unique boutique hotel, run by the owner duo of Rajat and Sanjana. The plush interiors and cool marble work is a big plus as you enter inside this rather interesting establishment, where every room has its own special characters featuring the gold plated elephant headdress, vintage bollywood poster, and small but elegant balcony. Moreover, this place has a spa, a rooftop restaurant boasting of a five-course menu and an excellent chef. Another thing about Shanti Home is that they can arrange for anything you can ask.
The rooms start from 6500 Rs
• Colaba House: The first thing that comes with this boutique hotel’s name is that wouldn’t it be located somewhere in Mumbai? No, it isn’t, Colaba house is a swanky boutique hotel situated in the South Delhi, and boasts of four unusually named rooms, Moonbeam which is a mini-suite having one double and single room. Tuiga with a sitting area and independent entrance, Agneta is a bright rooftop double room and So Fong is a spacious suite with its own terrace. Moreover, the Colaba house also boasts of two serviced apartments that can host five people each, and it also has massage facility plus the food comes included in the room tariff.
The double starts from 5300 Rs.
• The Amber: This luxurious boutique hotel is located in the upmarket of area of New Friends Colony in South Delhi. Its swanky interiors, spacious rooms are perfect for the travellers, or for anyone seeking a luxurious stay in Delhi. The place is developed in a contemporary style thus giving it a restful atmosphere, while the white exterior plus the lighted and the airy spaces gives you a soothing experience. The bedrooms feature the dark wood floors, geometric fabrics and the light tones, while the peaceful location of the hotel gives you a pleasant night sleep. The rooms are decorated with the painting of various Indian artists and have all the modern amenities including free wifi and swish marble bathrooms.
The single occupancy room starts from 6000 Rs.
• Tikli Bottom: The name might come across a bit unusual, but a stay in this boutique hotel might be your perfect start to the India’s tour. The owners of Tikli Bottom, Martin and Annie will help you with their profound knowledge about the country and will do their best to make you feel comfortable. This beautiful farmhouse is located an hour away from all the hustle and bustle of Delhi, and along with cool lime sodas you get on arrival, and delicious cuisines, you’ll have a lot of conversations to give you company as well. This stylish place has elegant bedrooms opening into the verandahs, which run around the courtyard. During summers you can sleep on the charpais, or the rope-strung beds in the garden, plus walk around the farmstead. It stays closed from 20th April till 1st July.
Double room prices start at 10000 Rs